What comes to your mind when someone speaks out this word “Startup” ? I am blessed to have wonderful friends who are the one, really understood the real meaning of this and have given me chance to understand it too. Thanks Macha(http://gomowgli.in/) and Sal(http://www.delyver.com) for this. On the other hand I have also encountered few who are really a shame on the name of this. Thanks to some really money minded idiots.
As far as my understanding of this fabulous word goes, “Startup” means a bunch of young (not necessarily by age) people working together to create an environment wherein everyone is putting their best to achieve something. They are doing it because they love to do that, they are passionate about it and they want people who are joining them to enjoy working with them.
Few ground rules I understood from them
- Not everything is about money, although it surely matters
- You can grow if you keep your customers and employees delighted and involved
- There are no ground rules to achieve what you want to achieve
- Team means a team that work together, not the bureaucracy
- Everyone contributes towards achieving, they don’t just do the job
- You grow and take everyone along
- You don’t stay as startup forever, you grow and get more organised but keep the spirit alive
- Individuals never win, its team which always wins
- Develop a sense of belongingness
For the money minded ones, if you can refer to above basic things, trust me you will grow much more faster.
No one remembers Larry Page or Mark Zuckerberg for which brand of watch or clothing they wear, they are always remembered for what they did for their dream concept.
Its very simple, learn and grow or simply perish under greed..!!